BLESS THE LORD
These last few weeks have been busy with summer outings, family, chores and fun. I've been keeping my Thankfulness list going (though I some how managed to loose Tuesday the 31st praises. Oh well, God, you know what it is). It's been challenging to find time for much reflection let alone blogging. Yet, even the few minutes I spend thinking of Joy Gifts my heart is lifted and my spirit encourage.
So here's another week began with challenges, struggles and fun. Another week in life's JOY Adventures! I like the quote by Corrie Ten Boom:
So here's another week began with challenges, struggles and fun. Another week in life's JOY Adventures! I like the quote by Corrie Ten Boom:
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.”
So Bless the Lord oh My Soul in him there is joy and rest!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wednesday August 1st
1) Marriage: living as an
imperfect wife loving an imperfect man.
2.)
Parenting: The reality that my children don't need a perfect mom, they need an imperfect mom who
points to the Heavenly Father in her weakness.
3.) My heart: It's fickle,
willful and forgetful even after the daily reminders that I am loved, secure
and significant in Jesus!
4.) Farm land with fields, gardens, barns and animals.
I love the smell, the feeling and the look of it all!
5.) Alyssa and Jeremiah
6.) That Jesus’s desire for my heart is never ending!
7.) Horseback riding with the kiddos! :)
Thursday August 2nd
2
Peanut-butter from a spoon
3 Ice cubes
dripping down little muddy hands
4 Soap
bubbles
5 Putting
together a shelf with my Mom
6 Text from
Hubby
7 JB-Man
riding his bike down the well road
FRIDAY August 3rd
1. Sun shine
coming through the kitchen window
2. Puget
Sound waters and Mountains
3. Daughters
beautiful green eyes
4. Little
Niece’s happy laughter
5. End of
the week
6. The
struggle between my head and heart because in the struggle I see God!
7. Once a
Month Cooking with my Mom
Saturday August 4th
1. Sun kissed faces
2. Sand
sprinkled children
3. Sharp
knives Garrett sharpened just for me
4. Sea Salt
Chocolate
5. Sitting
snuggled up with Little E in a comfy chair
6. White
dishes sitting in a dark wood cabinet
7. American
Goldfinches sitting perched on top of the porch railing
Sunday August 5th
1. Sounder’s
Game with Jeremiah, Alyssa and Hubby!
2. Ferry
ride in the sunset
3. Refreshing
shower with gallons of hot water!
4. How an
argument that leads to forgiveness and sharing of our hearts knits our marriage
together (it’s kind of upside down :)
5. I am
thankful there is no one quite like me. I am unique from my finger prints quarks,
strengths and failings to how God shares a part of himself through me; I get to
be special every day!
6. A Nana who
loves on the children and cared for them so Hubby and I could get some time
away.
7. Summer
evenings
Monday August 6th
1. Daughters
anticipation and excitement for a dance audition
2. The new
shelves in the dining room for school and art supplies! It’s such a happy spot!
3. A room
full of Brothers laughing loudly
4. Tall glasses of cool water from our well
5. Uncles playing Soccer with W-Man
6. A thirst that is quenched by God’s
life-giving water... his Spirit!
7. Warm wet washcloth that wipes away the mess
to reveal Little JB’s smiling face :)
~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
life can be so messy and yet so beautiful. I love getting a glimpse of both in your posts. love you
ReplyDelete