The realization that we needed to be a gluten free, dairy free home was like a death sentence to my love of baking 7 years ago. Rice cakes and rice milk where rather bland staples of the time, as GF and DF dietary needs where not so prominent and there where limited option in the market. I began experimenting with what I knew, hoping to make tasty foods appear from rice flour and oats. I had limited success. However, with time and the expanded availability of grains, flours and dairy-free substitutions, my passion for cooking no longer feels dead but alive!
Today, I create foods that nourish the body and feed the spirit of my family, surpassing my hope of palatable food, to creations so tasty my non GF, DF friends and family are asking more!
My menu has been inspired by recipes of gluten free blogger over the last few months. So much so, I find myself desiring to share this JOY of cooking with a blog of my own. I've never attempted a blog before, intimidated by my lack of computer savvy and life-long plague of poor spelling. Today I've decided to break free from these confines and try anyway, in hope that sharing my passion for cooking inspires others as much as others have inspired me!
LET’S COOK!
Welcome to the world of blogging, Pam! I'm excited to see some of your recipes- I have a few friends that are gf,df and I am running out of things to cook for them when they come over......
ReplyDeleteYeah to breaking free! Your blog is nice looking. I'll be peeking in on ya. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOpps wrote the wrong blog! You go girl! Looks awesome! Too cute baby too! Check out my blog when you have time- and tell me what you think! Enjoy! http://hollyn-overton.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteVery cool Pam. I love how you've gone above and beyond what many people would have done in your situation with all the dietary restrictions your family has. I am so incredibly proud of you and I love you so very much!
ReplyDeleteThe move to GF/DF was a long worthwhile journey and yummy too! WTG Pamela. I will sit at your table any day, OH yeah I already do :) - LF Dad
ReplyDelete